Archive July 2015
It’s the 4th of July weekend again, and even some of our best wine customers are drinking beer. What could be more American than burgers, sausages and hot dogs sizzling on the grill, and a can/bottle/glass of cold suds in your hand? On a warm summer day out on the deck, nothing is more refreshing.
But for craft beer drinkers, and even wine drinkers that crave more flavor than one can get from a typical mass produced lager, a 7.5% ABV pale ale is a little too strong for a day in the sun. Two or three bottles of IPA, and most people would be ready for a nap. So, what’s the solution?
Welcome to the world of Session Beers. Session Beers are full flavored Craft Beers with the alcohol content of a mass produced beer (usually around 5.0% ABV) or even mass produced light beer (usually around 4.2% ABV).
While the term “session” may be new, the concept is not. Farmhouse Ales, or Saisons, were originally low alcohol beers for farm workers to drink when clean drinking water was unavailable. Shandys, or Radlers, were created as a way to “water down” beer for German Bicyclists in the early 20th century.
We have a full selection of Session Beers in a variety of styles. The following is all currently available (as of 7/4/15) in the Acton Store (and most are available at the Marlboro Store as well), and new ones are being released all the time. Prices and availability are subject to change.
– 21st Amendment Down to Earth Session IPA – 4.4% ABV
$11.99+ Deposit/ 6 pack cans
– Cambridge Brewing Co. Remain in Light Hoppy Pilsner – 5.0% ABV
$10.99+ Deposit/ 6 pack cans
– Firestone Walker Easy Jack IPA (Staff Favorite) – 4.5% ABV
$10.69+ Deposit/ 6 pack cans
– Founder’s All Day IPA Session Ale – 4.7% ABV
$12.49+ Deposit/ 6 pack bottles, or $19.99+ Deposit/ 18 pack cans
– Jack’s Abby Jabby Brau Session Lager – 4.5% ABV
$9.99+ Deposit/ 6 pack bottles
– Lagunitas DayTime Fractional IPA – 4.65% ABV
$10.69+ Deposit/ 6 pack bottles
– Mayflower Brewing Daily Ration Hoppy American Ale – 4.5% ABV
$11.99+ Deposit/ 6 pack bottles
– North Coast Brewing Co. Puck the Beer Petite Saison – 4.0% ABV
$10.29+ Deposit/ 4 pack bottles
– Notch Brewing Left of the Dial IPA – 4.3% ABV
$10.49+ Deposit/ 6 pack cans
– Oskar Blues Pinner Throwback IPA – 4.9% ABV
$11.49+ Deposit/ 6 pack cans, or $18.39+ Deposit/ 12 pack cans
– Otter Creek Over Easy Hop Soaked Session Ale – 4.6% ABV
$10.99+ Deposit/ 6 pack bottles
– Peak Organic Summer Session Ale – 4.4% ABV
$11.49+ Deposit/ 6 pack bottles
– Samuel Adams Rebel Rider Session IPA – 4.5% ABV
$10.49+ Deposit/ 6 pack bottles, or $17.39+ Deposit/ 12 pack bottles
– The People’s Pint Training Wheels Session IPA – 4.5% ABV
$5.75+ Deposit/ 22oz. bottle
– Two Roads Lil’ Heaven Session IPA – 4.8% ABV
$18.99+ Deposit/ 12 pack cans